Crystallization is the formation of solid particles within a homogeneous phase of saturated liquid. Its wide use has a twofold basis, a crystal formed from an impure solution is itself pure and crystallization affords a practical method of obtaining pure chemical substances in a satisfactory condition for packing and storing. This operation involves both heat and mass transfer. Cooling type agitated batch crystallizer set up consists of an open jacketed stirred vessel provided with water heating& cooling arrangement. The feed is prepared in the crystallizer itself with hot water and stirrer. The hot saturated solution in the crystallizer is then cooled by circulation of cooling water and crystals are formed.
- To study the performance of a Batch Crystallizer.
- To determine the crystal yield and the efficiency of crystallizer.
Technical Details :
- Crystallizer: Jacketed Type, Material Stainless Steel, Cap. 2 Ltrs. With conical bottom
- Stirrer: FHP, Variable Speed.
- Heater: Nichrome wire heater
- Cooling Water Tank : Material Stainless Steel, Capacity 30 litre fitted with Pump.
- Flow Measurement : By Rotameter for cooling water.
- Pump: FHP.
- Receiving Tank : Material Stainless Steel , Capacity 2 litre with SS sieve
- Temp.Sensors : RTD PT-100 type
- Control panel comprises of:
- Digital Temp. Indicator : 0-199.9ºC with multi-channels witch with Standard make on/off switch, Mains Indicator etc.
- An English instruction manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram etc. will be provided along with the Apparatus.