Two equal length pendulums with same mass have a particular characteristic frequency are coupled by a spiral spring. The amplitudes of both pendulums are recorded as a function of time for various vibrational modes and different coupling factors using a motion detector. The set up can be used to study in-phase, in-opposite phase, and beat mode.
- Study the characteristic frequencies of the uncoupled pendulum.
- To determine the coupling factors for various coupling lengths, the angular frequencies or in-phase and in opposite phase vibration, and the angular frequencies of the beat mode.
- To study the linear relation between the square of the coupling lengths, beat mode, and the square of the frequency for in-opposite phase vibration.
- To determine the spring constant of the coupling spring.
- Data logging interface.
- Easy setup.
- Multipurpose motion detector
- Graphical analysis