Whena polycrystalline graphite foil is illuminated by electron, it is diffracted bythe various lattice plane within the crystal. This wave property of electronthus proves the de-Broglie's principle i.e. electrons are waves. In thefluorescent screen, the diffraction pattern is observed around a central brightspot. The diffraction patterns formed here satisfy Braggs law.
- Measuringthe diameters of the two diffraction rings for different accelerator voltages.
- Determiningthe wavelength of the electrons for different accelerator voltages by applyingthe Bragg condition.
- Confirmingthe de Broglie equation for the wavelength.
- ElectronDiffraction Tube with built-in graphite foil and fluorescent screen.
- AdjustableAnode voltage from 0V to 5000V range.
- DiffractionPatterns are noticed in fluorescent screen.