It is used for study of frictionless motion,elastic and inelastic collisions, velocity, acceleration, conservation of momentum etc. In the present setup, a triangular section aluminium alloy track,length 200cm, with two row's of air holes through which air emerge forming air cushion on which the vehicles float. The vehicles show linear motion under virtually frictionless condition. Supported on three adjustable feet. At oneend of track an air inlet tube connection is given.
- To study the linear motion under virtually frictionless conditions.
- To study the elastic and inelastic collision.
- To study the concept of velocity.
- To study the concept of accelerations.
- To study the conservation of momentum &energy.
- To study the dependency of mass ratio to kinetic energy.
- Accessories simply plug into the ends of vehicle.
- The magnet on buffers are identically polarised so they will repel producing elastic collisions between two vehicles.
- Interrupter cards. These are for interrupting light gates for timing applications.
- Facilitates the study of mechanics.
- Linear motion under frictionless condition.
- Precise and accurate data.
- Computer connectivity.