Losses Due To Pipe Fittings Sudden Enlargement & Contraction
Study Of Pipe Fittings
The set up consists of a 1/2 bend and elbow, a sudden expansion & sudden contraction fitting from 15mm to 25mm, ball valve and gate valve. Pressure tapings are provided at inlet and outlet of these fittings under test. A differential manometer fitted in the line gives pressure loss of individual fittings. Present set-up is self-contained water re-circulating unit, provided with a sump tank and a centrifugal pump etc. Flow control valve and by-pass valve are fitted in water line to conduct the experiment on different flow rates. Flow rate of water is measured with the help of measuring tank and stop watch.
- Electric supply 0.5 kW, 220V AC, Single Phase
- Water supply Tap water connection, Distilled Water @ 60 liters (optional)
- Floor Area with Drain facility
- Product Study Of Pipe Fittings
- Sudden Enlargement From 15mm to 25mm
- Sudden Contraction From 25mm to 15mm
- Ball valve
- Gate valve
- Water Circulation FHP Pump, Crompton/Sharp make
- Flow Measurement Using Measuring Tank with Piezometer, Capacity 40 Ltrs
- Sump Tank Capacity 85 Ltrs
- Stop Watch Electronic
- Control Panel On/Off Switch, Mains Indicator etc.