A current carrying coil produces a magnetic field along its axis which is defined by Biot Savart's law. In the present setup, the study of magnetic field along the axis is investigated with coils having different dimensions and turns. The magnetic field is measured using a axial hall probe and digital gaussmeter.
- To study Biot-Savart's law.
- To study the magnetic field along the axis of a current carrying multiturn coil.
- To study the dependancy of magnetic field on coil diameter and number of turns.
- Modular approach.
- Multipurpse power supply.
- Multiturn coils of various diameters.
- Magnetic field measurement with axial probe.
- Electrical safety tested.
- Experiment can be performed at low current.