Photoelasticity Unit with Strain Gauges Measurement System
- Unit for photoelasticity practices, illustrating the subjects of the Photoelasticity theory, the Elasticity theory, Strength of Materials, and Structure theory.
- It is very suitable for the introduction and study of photoelasticity: optical elements, isochromatic, isoclinic, band order, band factor, edge
- tensionsing, and for strain and stress analysis and measurement with strain gauges.
- With the aid of the system it is possible to analyze and process the captured data during test experiments, making measurements with strain gauges.
- Using this unit photoelastic experiments and practices of transparent test specimens (models) may be performed.
- The different test specimens are subjected to loading by external forces and have poralised light shone through them.
- A load application element can apply tensile, bending, compressive, and distributed and punctual loads to the specimen.
- The stresses and strains occurring in the test specimen are represented as bright spots or figures of different colours, and we can visualise the distribution of stress.
- We offer a wide range of test specimens for making a variety of practices and experiments.
- These specimens show a full color and high contrast results and are also made of a special very hard material that avoids breaking during daily use.
- The unit includes specimens with strain gauges and the accessories (electronic, mechanical and software) for acquiring all the values in the computer in real time and allows to compare the advantages of one method with the other.
- It is also very useful for Young`s module determination of the material and fringe order and band order calculation